All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the past three decades Lepage has been creating a hybrid collection of images that lace together cinema, surrealism and haute-couture. This gorgeous book presents a selection of more than 100 of these images, representing a career that has continued to flourish. It features Lepage's work starting in the 1980s until today, charting his rejection of institutionalised glamour which resulted in genre-bending work with Vogue, GQ, Harper's Bazaar, Marie-Claire as well as the houses of Dior, Comme des Garcons, Jil Sander, and Nina Ricci. Dripping with colour, these photographs are at once dreamlike and disturbing, alienating and meditative, revealing the work of a celebrated artist who has never foundered from his quest to decontextualise fashion photography into something wholly original.
- Author BiographyPHIL BICKER is a senior photo editor at Time and Time.com. He was an art director at the The Face magazine, as well as creative director of Vogue Hommes International, The Fader, and Magnum Photos, New York. RAPHAELLE STOPIN is a freelance curator, writer, and art consultant. For many years she has been the curator in charge of the photography at the Hyeres International Festival of Fashion and Photography. Her exhibitions have included the likes of Erwin Blumenfeld, Melvin Sokolsky, and Saul Leiter.
- Author(s)Phil Bicker,Raphaelle Stopin
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note90
- Weight1089 g
- Width240 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.