All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new and extended edition of her best-selling book in the 'How to Paint' series: 'Colour and Light in Watercolour' (first published 2010), Jean Haines has produced a book even more inspirational than the first. With 40 per cent new material in the form of new hands-on demonstrations, examples of her work and extended text, Jean provides a valuable insight into the materials and techniques she uses to inject colour and light into her stunningly beautiful, award-winning watercolour paintings. Jean's enthusiasm and passion for art is evident throughout the book, which is packed full of ideas, useful tips, expert advice and over 20 step-by-step demonstrations. with subjects ranging from atmospheric winter landscapes to bright colourful cockerels, all painted in Jean's loose and expressive style, artists of all tastes and abilities will t fail to be inspired by her imaginative and exciting use of light and colour.
- Author BiographyA member of the Society for Women Artists (SWA), international watercolourist Jean Haines is well-known for her love of her chosen medium. Having lived and travelled in many countries, this popular artist has had the opportunity to develop her skills whilst under the influence of masters from many countries, including Asia, the Middle East and Europe. She studied brush control while living in China and this had the greatest impact on her style. Later, when working with artists from India and Pakistan, she became inspired by the vibrant colours they used. The combination of East meets West in Jean's style is to be enjoyed. The magical free flow of water and colour straight on to a blank working surface (with no initial drawing) creates amazing results, often leaving her audience breathless with delight. Her paintings can be found in homes all over the world and in 2009 she won the Anthony J Lester Award during the SWA Annual Exhibition, where her work was likened to Joseph Crawhalls of the famous Glasgow Boys group of artists. She regularly writes for art magazines and exhibits in a number of galleries. Her hugely successful workshops are held regularly in the UK, and in 2014 she visited Australia for a Book Signing and Workshop Tour. In 2015 she will be visiting California, New York and St Louis in the USA to hold workshops and launch her new book 'Jean Haines' Watercolour World'. Jean lives in Crookham Village, Hampshire.
- Author(s)Jean Haines
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width216 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.