All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a lovingly book devoted to the too-brief career of a Swiss architect who stood outside the conventions of the post-war. Jean Tschumi, Architecture at Full Scale is the first book on a Swiss architect who, after his training at the Ecole des Beaux Arts in Paris, entered the polemical field of modernity and its techlogical expression. Interrupted by his tragic death in 1962 at the age of 57, Tschumi's work is rich in theoretical questions. What is the meaning of the design at full scale, t only for carpets, tables or armchairs? Why does the architect study his compositions at the minimal scale of a postage stamp? Is furniture the starting point of architecture? Why should the project be studied through the systematical use of variants? Does the future of the city lie in the planning of deep underground systems?
- Author BiographyJacques Gubler taught as a visiting professor at the New Jersey Institute of Technology in Newark, New Jersey, and at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
- Author(s)Jacques Gubler
- Date of Publication28/09/2009
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Out-of-print date04/02/2014
- Content Note237 colour illustrations
- Weight1630 g
- Width243 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.