All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe definitive, fully illustrated celebration of an auto manufacturer that paved its own way by going off-road. Few American vehicles, or vehicles made anywhere else in the world for that matter, are as universally iconic as the Jeep. From olive drab WWII military relics to the beloved Wrangler with its rear-mounted spare tire, open-air design, and telltale roll cage, the Jeep is a true classic. In Jeep: The History of America's Greatest Vehicle, automotive writer Patrick R. Foster chronicles over 70 years of Jeep vehicle design and production. Beginning with the Jeep as a crucial component of the American World War II fleet, Foster expertly recounts the corporate shifts, financial struggles and successes, close calls, and-above all-the enduring machines that have carried Jeep from the early 1940s to its triumphant role as a modern-day embodiment of American perseverance. Three hundred color and black-and-white historical photos complement his expertly written narrative of Jeep's entire history, reminding us that sometimes, the road less traveled was just waiting for the right truck.
- Author BiographyOne of America's best-known automotive authors, PATICK R. FOSTER (Milford, CT) has spent 20 years studying various aspects of the automotive industry and, at one time, almost started his own car company. An authority on AMC and its various branches, Foster has written a number of books on that automaker and many others, including Jeep and Studebaker. His writing has appeared in just about every car magazine out there, he has won awards for his books and articles from the AACA (Antique Automobile Club of America) and SAH (Society of Automotive Historians), and he even helped found the SAH Press. Most recently he has written American Motors Corporation: The Rise and Fall of America's Last Independent Automaker (2013) for Motorbooks.
- Author(s)Patrick R. Foster
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication15/07/2014
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Content Note100 color & 200 b/w photos
- Weight1238 g
- Width241 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.