All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionDumas Malone's classic six-volume biography Jefferson and His Time was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in history and became the standard work on Jefferson's life.Volume 5. Jefferson the President; Second Term, 1805-1809Covering the climax of Jefferson's forty-year career, this fifth and penultimate volume follows Jefferson through his demanding second term as president, when he famously sponsors the Lewis and Clark expedition, confronts the trial of Aaron Burr, and concludes the naval war with the Barbary pirates.
- Author BiographyDumas Malone, 1892-1986, spent thirty-eight years researching and writing Jefferson and His Time. In 1975 he received the Pulitzer Prize in history for the first five volumes. From 1923 to 1929 he taught at the University of Virginia; he left there to join the Dictionary of American Biography, bringing that work to completion as editor-in-chief. Subsequently, he served for seven years as director of the Harvard University Press. After serving on the faculties of Yale and Columbia, Malone retired to the University of Virginia in 1959 as the Jefferson Foundation Professor of History, a position he held until his retirement in 1962. He remained at the university as biographer-in-residence and finished his Jefferson biography at the University of Virginia, where it was begun.
- Author(s)Dumas Malone
- PublisherUniversity of Virginia Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleJefferson & His Time (University of Virginia Press)
- Series Part/Volume Number05
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Virginia Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1129 g
- Width151 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.