All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJeffrey was the resident apparition in the Selma, Alabama, home of nationally-kwn folklorist Kathryn Tucker Windham and the inspiration for Windham s best-selling collection of macabre tales that reveal two hundred years of Alabama s ghostly secrets, 13 Alabama Ghosts and Jeffrey. One of the most popular books ever published in the state, generations of Alabama children and students have been thrilled and chilled by Windham s spectral legends. Following the overwhelming success of 13 Alabama Ghosts and Jeffrey, Windham and Jeffrey began to journey across the South assembling a second collection of ghastly tales that repeat Windham s winning combination of traditional folklore, Southern history and culture, and family-friendly story-telling. In Jeffrey Introduces 13 More Southern Ghosts, Windham s disembodied friend roams the states of Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Florida to recall thirteen more timeless, spine-tingling tales of baneful and melancholy spirits that spook the most stoic heart. Opening this volume is The Girl Nobody Knew. One midsummer night in the genteel Kentucky mineral spring resort of Harrodsburg, a beautiful lady arrived at the town s grand hotel. The belle danced late into the night with the town s smitten gallants only to expire suddenly with the tes of the last quadrille. The spooked residents of Harrodsburg guard a grave you can see to this day. Readers then visit the world-famous Bell Witch of Robinson County, Tennessee. Jeffrey also makes his first trip to old New Orleans to reveal a revenant in residence on Royal Street before continuing his ghostly progress across Dixie. This new edition returns Jeffrey Introduces 13 More Southern Ghosts to its original format in jacketed cloth full of original, black-and-white illustrations in a handsome keepsake edition perfect for gift-giving and for families, folklorists of all ages, and libraries.
- Author BiographyProlific Alabama writer, folklorist, photographer, and radio personality Kathryn Tucker Windham grew up in Thomasville, Alabama. She was a nationally recognized storyteller and a frequent commentator on National Public Radio's All Things Considered.
- Author(s)Kathryn T Windham
- PublisherUniversity Alabama Press
- Date of Publication20/01/2015
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Alabama Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statement2nd
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.