All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJekka McVicar's passion for herbs has evolved over 40 years. In this, her first cookery book, 'queen of herbs' Jekka offers over 250 original recipes using simple garden herbs, along with tips for growing and maintaining them. Herbs have long been a part of British culinary history, yet few people utilise them to their full potential. Incredibly versatile, t only do herbs impart flavour, aroma and texture to dishes, they are extremely beneficial to our health. Much more than a cookbook, Jekka's Herb Kitchen features 50 herbs with a chapter and recipes devoted to each - Jekka's huge kwledge of each herb's history, cultivation and medicinal and culinary uses is unsurpassed. Her recipes are simple and ecomical - she shows how herbs can transform a cheap cut of meat, enliven a pasta sauce, and even add delight to desserts. She also offers suggestions for how best to combine herbs and what parts to use, gives ideas for using up a glut of a specific herb, and advises on how to preserve your herbs for the winter months. Moreover, this volume is a family affair - many of Jekka's recipes are inspired by her grandmother and mother, and the stunning illustrations are by Jekka's daughter, Hannah McVicar. With colour photographs throughout, this is a unique and beautiful volume from the UK's foremost authority on herbs.
- Author Biography'Queen of herbs' Jekka McVicar has run her herb farm outside Bristol for over 20 years. She has published four books on herbs and contributes to numerous gardening magazines. She has appeared in many television programmes including BBC TV's Rick Stein's Food Heroes and Gardeners' World, and Jamie Oliver's series for Channel 4. She regularly broadcasts on BBC Radio, including Woman's Hour and the Food Programme. She is President of the West of England Herb Group and is a member of RHS Council and the Fruit, Vegetable and Herb Committee. Jekka's farm has won over 60 RHS gold medals.
- Author(s)Jekka McVicar
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication03/06/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1326 g
- Width195 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Foreword byJamie Oliver
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.37Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.