All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionJellyfish form spectacular population blooms and there is compelling evidence that jellyfish blooms are becoming more frequent and widespread. Blooms have ermous ecological, ecomic, and social impacts. For example, they have been implicated in the decline of commercial fisheries, they block the cooling water intakes of coastal industries and ships, and reduce the amenity of coastal waters for tourists. Blooms may be caused by overfishing, climate change, and coastal pollution, which all affect coastal waters around the world. Jellyfish Blooms: Causes, Consequences and Recent Advances presents reviews and original research articles written by the world's leading experts on jellyfish. Topics covered include the evolution of jellyfish blooms, the impacts of climate change on jellyfish populations, advances in acoustic and molecular methods used to study jellyfish, the role of jellyfish in food webs and nutrient cycles, and the ecology of the benthic stages of the jellyfish life history. This is a valuable resource for students and professional marine biologists, fisheries scientists, oceagraphers, and researchers of climate change.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/01/2009
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleDevelopments in Hydrobiology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 206
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight911 g
- Width203 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJennifer E. Purcell,Kylie A. Pitt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.