Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionGregory Warren Wilson's exciting new collection provokes and challenges the reader. Warren Wilson suggests that disclosure - whether of love or anguish - is hazardous because it can betray as well as illumine. But which is more likely to put things in jeopardy: the outspoken or the unspoken? Staged Whispers , the second half of this collection, is voiced through a ventriloquist's dummy. It exposes the desolation, frustration and fleeting euphoria experienced by a performer on stage and off. For lovers of words and music, Warren Wilson's direct and insistent voice is sure to captivate and entertain.
- Author BiographyGregory Warren Wilson studied violin and composition at the Royal College of Music and has worked with the Hong Kong Philharmonic and at the Opera House in Florence. His two previous poetry collections are Preserving Lemons, which won the Staple First Edition Award in 1996, and Hanging Windchimes in a Vacuum (Tears in the Fence, 1997). With Carole Satyamurti he has initiated and co-tutored courses on art and poetry at The National Gallery, Tate Britain and The Courtauld Gallery. He is a tutor for The Poetry School.
- Author(s)Gregory Warren Wilson
- PublisherEnitharmon Press
- Date of Publication09/05/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEnitharmon Press
- Weight145 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.