All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJerusalem and Sao Paulo describes the long process these young people undergo in their choice of Jewish Orthodoxy. Due to the fact that Judaism is an ortho-practical religion, which emphasizes praxis over belief and dogma, the conversion to Orthodoxy is radical, traumatic, and more encompassing than that experienced by other Brazilians who adopt religions such as Neo-Pentacolism, Buddhism, Taoism, and Afro-Brazilian creeds.
- Author BiographyMarta F. Topel, (Ph.D.), is a researcher and a junior lecturer in the Program for Jewish Studies of the University of Sao Paulo (Brazil). She is the author of several articles on Jewish orthodoxy and modern Judaism.
- Author(s)Marta F. Topel
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication11/09/2008
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byJames A. R. Allen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.