Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe son of an oil field worker of Irish descent, Jesse lives in a coastal town in south Louisiana. The culture is predominately French. Shortly after his mother's death, his father loses his job when the oil industry goes into a recession. His father accepts a job in the North Atlantic, leaving Jesse with Uncle Rufus, a disabled World War II veteran. Uncle Rufus is military oriented and unable to show his feelings. Jesse feels he is a left-over kid and befriends an abandoned dock cat. Ole Tom can be aggravating and remains fiercely independent. A life/death crisis develops when Uncle Rufus insists on battling the gulf for shrimp. Jesse rises to the challenge and discovers he is appreciated in his small town school. Jesse is the story of a ten-year-old boy frustrated by circumstances beyond his control. Besides trying to fit into a culture different from his own, he is coping with his mother's death, his father having to leave because of job loss and living with his military minded uncle. Woven into these circumstances is the potential within Jesse, which he discovers in crisis that declared him a SOMEBODY in his NOBODY world.
- Author(s)Gertie Mayeux
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.