Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionWhat really happened behind the scenes of this controversial documentary? Amid accusations of child abuse, brainwashing, and indoctrinating children, Becky Fischer, a Pentecostal children's pastor of twenty years, allowed this movie to continue to be played and sold even though many movie reviews and news commentators held her and her ministry up to serious question. Why didn't she reunce it like many Christian leaders thought she should? Why didn't she back away from it when many critics felt it put Christianity in a negative light? This book will answers these questions and more including: * Why did Becky allow the movie to be made in the first place? * Was it true she was raising up children as Christian jihadists? * What was behind the negative comments about Harry Potter? * What was in the controversial sermon on abortion that stirred the children up so emotionally? * What are Evangelical Christians really like? What do they believe? * Whatever happened to the featured children? Are they okay?
- Author BiographyBecky Fischer is the founder and director of Kids in Ministry International (KIMI), a multi-faceted ministry that trains children to walk in the supernatural power of God and equips adults to work with children in the same way. Becky, who served as a children's pastor for ten years prior to starting KIMI, received Jesus as her Savior and the infilling of the Holy Spirit at an early age. She knows first-hand that children can be touched and used by God and recognized early in her ministry career that children are hungry for a supernatural encounter with the Holy Spirit. Ms. Fischer spent twenty-three years in business before answering the call to fulltime ministry. She was a children's pastor for Word of Faith Church and Outreach Center in Bismarck, ND for eight years before moving to North Carolina to join Tasch Ministries International, which had taken over 700 boys and girls on mission trips. She was later employed as the children's pastor and as a graphic artist by MorningStar Publications and Ministries, Inc., now called MorningStar Fellowship of Churches in Wilkesboro, NC. Becky has trained thousands of children, teens, parents, and children's workers through conferences, Bible schools, mission trips, churches and resource materials. She is the author of the book Redefining Children's Ministry in the 21st Century and author/co-author of eight unique and dynamic children's church curriculums. Ms. Fischer is founder and director of The School of Supernatural Children's Ministry, a 45 hour training course which teaches parents and children's ministers not only the basics of children's ministry, but how to teach children to hear God's voice, become worshipers, prayer warriors, prophetic spokesmen, to heal the sick, operate in the gifts of the Spirit, be led by the Spirit of God, do signs and wonders, and become active members in the body of Christ while they are still children. She has appeared on the 700 Club, Sid Roth Show, and Elijah List's Prophetic TV. She has also appeared on Good Morning America, CNN Prime Time, The Glenn Beck Show, Fox News Radio, Charisma Magazine, and many more for her role in the Oscar nominated film, Jesus Camp. She has also been a featured author in the Ministry Today magazine. Becky also produces a ten minute weekly children's video program called Digital Devotions for Patricia King's XPWebChurch ministry.
- Author(s)Becky Fischer
- PublisherFire on the Altar Publications
- Date of Publication02/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFire on the Altar Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.