All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn his work, Simon J. Joseph proposes a new working model for understanding the Jewish ethnicity, community, provenance, and compositional traits in Q--the earliest and most reliable source for the Palestinian Jewish Jesus movement. He critically compares the major literary features of Q 3-7, a section which introduces John the Baptist and includes the Beatitudes and Jesus' reply to John in light of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Essenes, and first-century Jewish wisdom traditions and messianism. By conducting a critical comparative analysis of Q 6:20-23, Q 7:22, 4Q525, and 4Q521, this approach effectively challenges the prevailing assumption that Q is a Galilean text representing a n-messianic and n-apocalyptic Galilean branch of the early Jesus movement that was dissociated from the early Jerusalem community and provides a new way of understanding the intimate relationship between Early Judaism and Christianity.
- Author BiographySimon J. Joseph, Born 1966; 2000 BA; 2003 MA Religious Studies, New York University; 2010 PhD, New Testament, Claremont Graduate University; currently Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Religion, California Lutheran University.
- Author(s)Simon J Joseph
- PublisherMohr Siebeck
- Date of Publication31/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleWissenschaftliche Untersuchungen Zum Neuen Testament 2.Reihe
- Series Part/Volume Number333
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMohr Siebeck
- Weight431 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.