All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionJessica Backhaus has spent over 15 years documenting Poland, capturing people in their apartments, at work and in the untouched landscape. With a sure eye and an unusual colour language, she points out important but easily overlooked details: plastic flowers and crocheted pillowcases, images of saints and lace doilies and cherries preserved in mason jars. The pictures are neither intrusive r tactless; she encounters people with dignity and full of admiration for the way of life of Poland and its rural inhabitants.
- Author BiographyBackhaus (born in Germany 1970) studied photography in Paris, where she met Gisele Freund. Since 1995 she works as a freelancer and artist in New York. Her work has been shown in numerous exhibitions, including the National Portrait Gallery, London, and the Martin-Gropius-Bau, Berlin. She is represented by Yancey Richardson Gallery, New York and The Photographers' Gallery, London. born 1951 in Witten/ Germany, works as an art theoretician and director of the art academy Akademie der bildenden Kunste in Vienna/ Austria. works as a curator in Krakow, Poland.
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- LanguageEnglish & German
- Place of PublicationHeidelberg
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight1462 g
- Width252 mm
- Height332 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Artist(s)Jessica Backhaus
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.