All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happens after death to Jesus and to those who follow him? This book offers a constructive theology that seeks to answer that very question, carefully considering both Jesus' descent into hell and eventual resurrection as integral parts of a robust vision of the Christian bodily resurrection. Taking on the claims of N T Wright and Richard B Hays, Matthew Levering draws strongly upon the work of Thomas Aquinas to propose a radical reconstruction of Christian eschatological theology -- one that takes seriously the profound ways in which Christianity and its beatific vision have been enriched by Platonic thought and emphasises the role of the Church community in the passage from life to death. In so doing, Levering underscores the hope in eternal life for Jesus' followers and gives readers firm and fruitful soil upon which to base conversations about the Christians future. In an investigation that hides its great learning, Levering argues for a realist understanding of the biblical account of the resurrection of Jesus. Levering has all along being constituting himself a Catholic biblical theologian of rare talent; here, one can't help thinking of Benedict XVI as a model. It is impossible t to be struck by a similarity of style: ironic yet confident, definite but lumiusly and persuasively modest .
- Author BiographyMatthew Levering is Perry Family Foundation Chair of Theology at Mundelein Seminary. Jewish-Christian Dialogue and the Life of Wisdom; Christ and the Catholic Priesthood; Participatory Biblical Exegesis; and Biblical Natural Law . He lives Mundelein, Illinois.
- Author(s)Matthew Levering
- PublisherBaylor University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationWaco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaylor University Press
- Weight312 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.