All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough it is a foundational confession for all Christians, much of the theological significance of Jesus's identity as the Son of God is often overlooked or misunderstood. Moreover, this Christological concept stands at the center of today's Bible translation debates and increased ministry efforts to Muslims. New Testament scholar D. A. Carson thus sheds light on this important issue with his usual exegetical clarity and theological insight, first by broadly surveying Jesus's biblical name as the Son of God, and then by focusing on two key texts that speak of Christ's sonship. The book concludes with the implications of Jesus's divine sonship for how modern Christians think and speak about Christ, especially in relation to Bible translation and missionary engagement with Muslims across the globe.
- Author BiographyD. A. Carson (PhD, Cambridge University) is research professor of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, where he has taught since 1978. He is an active guest lecturer, and he has written or edited nearly sixty books including Scandalous, Memoirs of an Ordinary Pastor, and The Difficult Doctrine of the Love of God. He and his wife, Joy, have two children and live in the north suburbs of Chicago.
- Author(s)D. A. Carson
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication16/11/2012
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationNottingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInter-Varsity Press
- Width144 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.