All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe book offers a fresh, historically plausible account of why Jesus spoke in parables and how this distinctive style of speech functioned in his ministry. Most books on the parables have tended to treat them as individual units to be interpreted rather than in a connected way as a consistent element within the ministry of the historical Jesus. Our understanding of the parables is a crucial element in our understanding of Jesus, and this book seeks to elucidate those connections in a way that takes account of some of the main advances in Jesus scholarship and parable scholarship over recent decades. The book is academically serious but written in an accessible way, and provides a solid basis for any who wish to draw on the model of Jesus in communicating Christian faith today.
- Author BiographyStephen I. Wright has been in the Anglican ministry since 1986 and now teaches New Testament, hermeneutics and preaching at Spurgeon's College, London. His previous publications include The Voice of Jesus: Studies in the Interpretation of Six Gospel Parables (Paternoster 2000) and Alive to the Word: A Practical Theology of Preaching (SCM 2010). He is also co-author of Preaching the Atonement (T&T Clark 2005) and Preaching the Incarnation (Westminster John Knox 2010).
- Author(s)Stephen I Wright
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.