All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title features authentic recipes from a classic culinary heritage: 130 delicious dishes shown in 220 stunning photographs. You can discover the secrets of the Jewish kitchen with recipes from Jewish cultures all over the world, including Sephardi, Ashkenazi, Yemenite, Israeli, Eastern European, American, Russian, African, and also Indian. Ever-popular traditional dishes include Hummus, Tabbouleh, Herring Salad with Beets and Sour Cream, Chicken Soup with Knaidlach, Chamim, Classic Ashkenazi Gefilte Fish, Kreplach, Challah, Bagels, Harissa, and Polish Apple Cake. It includes a fascinating overview of the culinary history of the Jewish people, its rules and laws, and all the special equipment, ingredients and cooking techniques. At-a-glance tes provide a complete nutritional breakdown for each recipe. Jewish people are scattered all over the world, creating a vibrant culinary tradition that is as varied as the countries they live in. Fresh, bright and contemporary, this volume contains 130 authentic Jewish recipes. An eclectic mix of global culinary influences is brought together in each of the chapters, which cover Soups, Appetizers and Brunch; Fish Dishes; Meat and Poultry; Vegetable Dishes and Salads; Noodles, Kugels and Pancakes; Breads, Desserts and Baking; and Pickles and Condiments. As well as providing a wealth of recipes to choose from, the book provides an essential guide to the foods and ingredients used in the Jewish kitchen. Illustrated with over 220 photographs, this book will introduce you to a fascinating cuisine.
- Author BiographyMarlena Spieler is a passionate cook who discovered her love of cooking while living in Israel as a teenager. Writing this book enabled her to explore her own culture at the table, and she has collected Jewish recipes from all over the world. She writes for many publications, including USA's Saveur and The New York Times, and is an award winner for the Association of Food Writers (USA).
- Author(s)Marlena Spieler
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 220 photographs
- Weight576 g
- Width180 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.