Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.34Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.07Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.58Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe mothers of some of the most illustrious Jewish men in recent history--Albert Einstein, Marcel Proust, Sigmund Freud, Woody Allen, the Marx Brothers--are chatting in heaven. The subject: their respective sons--and their undying love for their mothers. Each one, as before in life, engages in one-upmanship toward the others when speaking about her own rewned offspring, and opportunity to boast can ever be missed: He loves me so much that for my last birthday he bought me a fabulous fur coat. Oh! Mine topped that. He saved money for an entire year and treated me to a fantastic trip to the Caribbean. As for me, imagine, three times a week he actually pays a psychiatrist to talk about me. Each woman insists on being the force, the savior, the raison d'etre of her son's career and success. We follow the intricacies of each woman's marriage and details of her social environment, but more specifically, the relationship with her unique child. Written with a delicate touch, Jewish Mothers Never Die reveals in tender, funny, and searing portraits how some women continue to live through their children--even after death. Every reader will have a good chuckle, and all will enjoy this utterly charming and entertaining vel. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade, Yucca, and Good Books imprints, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction--vels, vellas, political and medical thrillers, comedy, satire, historical fiction, romance, erotic and love stories, mystery, classic literature, folklore and mythology, literary classics including Shakespeare, Dumas, Wilde, Cather, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyNatalie David-Weill holds a Ph.D. in French literature and is a screenwriter, with credits including Mort d'un gardien de la paix and Navarro.
- Author(s)Natalie David-Weill
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight342 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.