Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionA concise alphabetical guide to the major thinkers, concepts and issues in the history of Jewish philosophy from antiquity to the present. Jewish Philosophy A-Z covers the major traditions of thought from Philo to Levinas and, since Jewish philosophy has occurred in broader environments (e.g., Hellenistic Alexandria, Medieval Baghdad, Weimar Germany), n-Jewish thinkers who have had an important influence on Jewish philosophy are also included (e.g., Plotinus, Alfarabi, Heidegger). Extensive cross-references allows the reader to examine topics to the desired degree of depth, making it easy to follow connections and pursue larger themes. An important pedagogical resource, Jewish Philosophy A-Z is suitable for undergraduate or postgraduate students as well as the interested general reader.
- Author BiographyAaron Hughes is Associate Professor in the Department of Religious Studies at the University of Calgary, Canada. He is the author of The Texture of the Divine: Imagination in Medieval Islamic and Jewish Thought (2004).
- Author(s)Aaron W. Hughes
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication26/07/2005
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitlePhilosophy A-Z
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight220 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.