Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn the late 1870s, shaken by rapid socioecomic change, internal crises, and the rise of antisemitism, young Jews assumed leadership, created dozens of organizations, and inspired masses of followers. These organizations helped define the nineteenth-century Jewish awakening: cultural and religious renewal, and the promotion of Jewish education. Expanding upon the unfinished work of Leah Levitz Fishbane, this volume seeks to broaden our understanding of this period, which paved the way for new developments in American Jewish communal, cultural, and religious life.
- Author BiographyEITAN P. FISHBANE is an assistant professor of Jewish thought at the Jewish Theological Seminary. JONATHAN D. SARNA is Joseph H. & Belle R. Braun Professor of American Jewish History at Brandeis University and chief historian of the National Museum of American Jewish History.
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of New England
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight456 g
- Width162 mm
- Height293 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byEitan P. Fishbane,Jonathan D. Sarna
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.