All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe Jewish temple continues to be a topic of considerable interest among Jews and Christians alike in spite of its being absent for nearly two millennia. This book examines the temple in the book of Revelation, which is where Jewish temple motifs find their scriptural culmination. Working from a backgrounds perspective, Dr. Briggs first traces various temple themes through the Old Testament and demonstrates how they were utilized in Revelation. He then explores the concept of temple in a number of ncanical Jewish writings, assessing the degree to which sources other than the Old Testament influenced the Apocalypse's temple symbolism.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Robert A. Briggs holds degrees from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky, Elmhurst College, VanderCook College of Music, and Grand Rapids Baptist Seminary. He is a former public school-teacher and has served as a music minister in Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, and Kentucky.
- Author(s)Robert A. Briggs
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleStudies in Biblical Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight520 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.