Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a sally into the scientific dimension of Jewish intellectual history in the early modern world, dealing with many key personalities and topics in a vel way. Included are thumbnail sketches of stoicism, iatrochemistry and pantheism, in addition to reviews of the major issues in the Jewish historiography of the period. It offers comprehensive treatment of the impact of the scientific revolution on Jewish culture in early modern Europe and should be of value t only to students of Jewish intellectual history of this period, but also more generally to anyone interested in European cultural history or the history of medicine.
- Author BiographyDavid B. Ruderman is a professor of modern Jewish history and the director of the Center for Advanced Judaic Studies at the University of Pennsylvania. His most recent book is Jewish Enlightenment in an English Key: Anglo-Jewy's Construction of Modern Jewish Thought (Perinceton University Press, 2000).
- Author(s)David B. Ruderman
- PublisherWayne State University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2001
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationDetroit, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWayne State University Press
- Content Note13 illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Foreword byMoshe Idel
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.