All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThanks to these generous dors for making the publication of this book possible: Miles z l and Chris Lerman; David Lerman and Shelley Wallock The bestselling guide to understanding Jewish traditions, w in paperback This is a comprehensive and authoritative resource with ready answers to questions about almost all aspects of Jewish life and practice: life-cycle events, holidays, ritual and prayer, Jewish traditions and customs, and more. Ronald Eisenberg has distilled an immense amount of material from classic and contemporary sources into a single volume, which provides thousands of insights into the origins, history, and current interpretations of a wealth of Jewish traditions and customs. Divided into four sections-Synagogue and Prayers, Sabbaths and Festivals, Life-Cycle Events, and Miscellaneous (a large section that includes such diverse topics as Jewish literature, food, and plants and animals)-this is an encyclopedic reference for anyone who wants easily accessible, accurate information about all things Jewish. Eisenberg writes for a wide, diversified audience, and is respectful of the range of practices and beliefs within today's American Jewish community-from Orthodox to liberal.
- Author BiographyRonald Eisenberg has been an academic radiologist for 25 years, a (non-practicing) lawyer, and a prayer-leader/teacher of an alternative minyan he founded in the San Francisco Bay Area. He has a Master's Degree in Jewish Studies from Spertus Institute in Chicago. He has published 18 medical books as well as The 613 Mitzvot (Jason Aronson). His most popular medical books have sold 10,000 copies each and have become required reading in the field.
- Author(s)Ronald L. Eisenberg
- PublisherJewish Publication Society
- Date of Publication08/09/2008
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleA JPS Guide
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJewish Publication Society
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1393 g
- Width4522 mm
- Height6452 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.