All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of short stories, sketches, and essays is Martha Reingold's first published book. She has included three chapters of Russia-shuna, a memoir dealing with her memories of Jewish holidays, and the first section of a memoir/women's studies/computer history book. At 80 years of age, she quips, I've had writer's block for over 75 years. Ms. Reingold's stories are written in that wry, comic style indigeus to Brooklyn - where she comes from and where her heart still lives. By the way, she doesn't like to be called by her title Ms. or by the journalistic Reingold. She's just Martha who was born a Mintz and lived through decades of change from the Depression, through WWII, the new mysterious field of computer software design ... and so on up to the present distressing time. Her writing reflects that. This small volume contains a wealth of stories, often humorous, occasionally hilarious, and w and then sad. Her neurotic Brooklyn self is evident all the way from Nature vs. Nurture through My Red A-Line Dress. Her dedication and love of family and commitment to American ideals can be seen in the serious pieces you'll find in this book. Jewish Wry and Other Slices of Life is a little gem. Women of all ages will love it and it may even touch the hearts of some men here and there. Martha lives in West Hartford, Connecticut with Tootsie, her beautiful calico cat named after her mother Harriet. Tootsie was the loving name her father had for her mother. Martha is currently preparing her second collection of short works entitled More Slices of Life. And then it's on to completing her memoirs ... whatever they may be. After a long life of people watching and political angst, she has views on everything and is willing to share them at the drop of a hat.
- Author BiographyMARTHA REINGOLD was born into an Orthodox Jewish family living in Brooklyn, New York. She became a career woman in the fledgling computer industry in 1952 and just retired in January 2015. Her other lifetime passion has been her marvelous children and luscious grandchildren. Martha currently lives in West Hartford, CT where she's hard at work on her next collection of stories, Leaving Brooklyn. Her inscrutable, calico cat Tootsie, is always nearby to cheer her on and offer advice from time to time.
- Author(s)Martha Reingold
- PublisherMartha Reingold
- Date of Publication15/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMartha Reingold
- Out-of-print date15/12/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.