All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors of this collection of essays explore different ways that ancient Jews and Christians understood the world's creation and how this understanding shaped their world. In this volume, discussions of cosmogony are t only placed within the contexts of biblical hermeneutics and the politics of interpretation, but more broadly within the diverse realms of ancient life. The authors demonstrate how beliefs about Creation played an important role in constructing rituals, pedagogy, ethics, geography, and anthropology. A biblically-based tradition shared by Jews and Christians, the Creation story serves as a fruitful point of departure for this collection of studies about these communities, their interactions, and their overlapping and competing conceptions of the world.
- Author BiographyLance Jenott, studied History, Classics, and Religion at the University of Washington in Seattle (BA, MA) and Princeton University (PhD); lecturer in Religion at Princeton University.
- PublisherMohr Siebeck
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleTexts and Studies in Ancient Judaism
- Series Part/Volume Number155
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMohr Siebeck
- Weight635 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byLance Jenott,Sarit Kattan Gribetz
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.