All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe historical involvement of Jews in the political Left is well kwn, but far less attention has been paid to the political and ideological factors which attracted Jews to the Left. After the Holocaust and the creation of Israel many lost their faith in universalistic solutions, yet lingering links between Jews and the Left continue to exist.
- Author BiographyAssociate Professor Philip Mendes is the Director of the Social Inclusion and Social Policy Research Unit in the Department of Social Work at Monash University, Australia, and also holds an Honorary appointment in the Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation. He has been researching Jewish Left history and politics for over 20 years, and is the author or co-author of seven books including The New Left, the Jews and the Vietnam War, 1965-72 (1993), and jointly edited with Geoffrey Brahm Levey, Jews and Australian Politics (2004).
- Author(s)Philip Mendes
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication19/05/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight565 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.