All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionBefore the mid-fifteenth century, the Christian and Islamic governments of Europe had restricted the architecture and design of synagogues and often prevented Jews from becoming architects. Stiefel presents a study of the material culture and religious architecture that this era produced.
- Author BiographyBarry L Stiefel is Assistant Professor of Historic Preservation and Community Planning at the College of Charleston/Clemson University, where he is interested in how local preservation efforts affects regional, national, and multi-national policies within the field of cultural resource management and heritage conservation. In 2011 he received the Excellence in Collegiate Education and Leadership (ExCEL), Outstanding Faculty of the Year Award, College of Charleston.
- Author(s)Barry L. Stiefel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleReligious Cultures in the Early Modern World
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPickering & Chatto (Publishers) Ltd
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.