All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.31Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionMost studies of Jews in the period from Alexander to Trajan have concentrated almost exclusively on Jerusalem and Judea. In this book, John Barclay assembles and analyzes evidence about the Jewish communities in Egypt, Syria, Cyrenaica, Rome, and Asia. Barclay's ambitious goal is to describe, as precisely as the evidence allows, the varying levels of assimilation and antagonism between Jews and the n-Jewish communities in these areas for this 440-year period. With a concluding review of Jewish identity in the Diaspora as a whole, this book provides our first comprehensive and multi-faceted survey of Diaspora communities and Diaspora literature.
- Author BiographyJohn M. G. Barclay is Senior Lecturer in Biblical Studies at the University of Glasgow. He is the author of Obeying the Truth: A Study of Paul's Ethics in Galatians (1988).
- Author(s)John M. G. Barclay,John M.G. Barclay
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication15/02/1999
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleHellenistic Culture and Society
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 33
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight628 g
- Width136 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.