All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe investigation on the history of the Yugoslav and Macedonian Jews between the two world wars was developed through a number of researches in the archives in Macedonia, Serbia, Greece and Israel. The project itself was based on three levels and approaches; from an international position of the Jews, after WWI; the regional, within the history of the Yugoslav Jewry; and the position of the Sephardic Jewry on a local level, i.e. in Macedonia itself. The international context required a use of international acts brought in regard to mirity rights protection, after the WWI during the Paris Conference and the establishment of the Geneva System. The second level observed the position of the Macedonian Sephards within the overall Yugoslav Jewry, which was consisted of Ashkenazim, Sephardim as well as of the Orthodox Jews, as a separate group. The third level deals with the everyday life of the Macedonian Sephards from 1912 to 1941, as well as their social, cultural, political and ecomic development in one micro environment. The inter-ethnic relations, which were part of the political, social and Jewish reality in Macedonia, were also investigated in this study.
- Author BiographyKristina Birri-Tomovska studied languages and political sciences in Skopje and Athens. In 2000 she obtained a Master of Arts (MA) and in 2008 a PhD at the University of Basel. During her studies, she worked and took part on international conferences. She also published articles, in German, English and Macedonian language related to the history and the culture of the Yugoslav and Macedonian Jews and other minorities during the interwar period.
- Author(s)Kristina Birri-Tomovska
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication18/06/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.