Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.56Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.16Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionJig-Saw is where the Barbara Cartland story began - she wrote the vel in 1920 when only 19. Published in hardback by Duckworth in 1925 at the price of seven shillings and sixpence, it received great acclaim from the critics who described it as 'a first vel of considerable promise' and 'a vel which is such a powerful study of West end life with the lid off, that I can hardly believe it's been written by a girl'. This year, to commemorate the 10th anniversary of her death, the Barbara Cartland.com estate will publish 5000 limited edition exact replicas of the original book. From the original book cover: A real vel from within. The first book by a young author is a vivid and moving story of the difficulties and temptations which confront a young girl on her first entry into the richest and gayest set of London society. The intoxication of her new freedom and her love of adventure lead her inevitably to exploit her wit and beauty to her own unhappiness, but by good luck and her own native goodness she finds peace and happiness at last. It is a dramatic conflict of emotions, written with a zest and freshness which will win the admiration of all readers.
- Author(s)Barbara Cartland
- PublisherBarbaracartland.com Ltd
- Date of Publication04/11/2010
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationHatfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBarbaracartland.com Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.