All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJimi Hendrix was very probably the greatest solo rock artist of all time. He was the supreme physical and musical emblem of rock music. If anyone personified the genre in its purest, most potent and inflammatory form, it was Hendrix. He was unparalleled as a sonic sculptor of fretboard electricity. With a deceptively theatrical sexuality, he wrought a molten and massive body of sound, which left his contemporaries sounding small, mochrome and tinny by comparison, a body of sound which is still awe-inspiring today.
- Author BiographyDavid Stubbs started working life as a staff writer for Melody Maker, having been poached from Monitor, a highbrow fanzine on which he worked with Simon Reynolds, with whom he co-wrote a number of chapters of his acclaimed Blissed Out. While at MM, he was responsible for the popular Talk Talk Talk section of the paper, as well as conducting innumerable interviews with figures as wide-ranging as Kraftwerk, De La Soul, Public Enemy, R.E.M. and The Butthole Surfers.
- Author(s)David Stubbs
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication08/07/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Content Note125 colour & b/w photographs
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.