All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.29
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionOn the darkened stairway Jimmy reeled, stifling a scream, his knuckles whitening as he clutched at the banister for support. This couldn't be happening! Alone with his Grandad Jock in Scotland for TWO WHOLE WEEKS! Dumped by his parents in the care of his strange and sinister Grandad Jock, Jimmy Black is far from happy. How could they do this to him? Unhappiness quickly turns to horror when, on the first morning of his stay, he is force-fed the saltiest porridge in the history of the world... If this is to be his lot each morning for the next two weeks, Jimmy is certain that he will die! What a sad and pathetic end: death by salty porridge! Jimmy Black, though, is a spirited boy who would t dream of accepting such a terrible fate without a fight. Devising a plan to secretly dispose of the foul mixture is easy; little does he kw that doing so will lead to a hair-raising adventure deep beneath the ocean floor... Who are the strange people that lurk in the murky waters of Dragaby Bay? Why do they smell faintly of fish? Is there more to his Grandad Jock than meets the eye? And how on Earth can a bowlful of disgustingly salty porridge hold the key to the discovery of the lost city of Atlantis and the very survival of the human race? A fun comic adventure from the writer of Norbert!
- Author BiographyJames Sutherland was born in Stoke-on-Trent, England, many, many, many years ago. So long ago, in fact, that he can't remember a thing about it. The son of a musician, he moved around lots as a youngster, attending schools in the Isle of Man and Spain before returning to Stoke where he lurked until the age of 18. After gaining a French degree at Bangor University, North Wales, James toiled manfully at a variety of office jobs before making a daring escape through a fire exit, hell-bent on writing silly nonsense full-time. In his spare time, James enjoys hunting for slugs in the garden, chatting with his gold fish and frolicking around the house in his tartan nightie.
- Author(s)Former Lord Northcliffe Professor of Modern Literature James Sutherland
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.