All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis essential guide provides new practitioners with a thorough grounding in the ancient art of jiu jitsu and advanced students of any martial art with an effective method for integrating jiu jitsu techniques into an existing practice. The book begins with the origins of jiu jitsu in 16th-century Japan, explaining the subsequent rise of judo and Brazilian jiu jitsu to give a complete introduction to the history of the art. Next, training requirements, procedures, and equipment are outlined, preparing the reader for training and combat. The practical section of the book begins with the essential principles governing jiu jitsu, and continues with combination maneuvers; specific positions and their advantages in competition; basic submission techniques; the concept of joined centers; training tips; and a glimpse into intermediate positions and their functions. Full-color photo sequences with expert demonstrations supplement the meticulous descriptions. A glossary, index, and a list of useful international jiu jitsu contacts round out this informative guide.
- Author BiographyAuthor Hans-Erik Petermann has been a martial arts practitioner for thirty-four years. He is an instructor in Combat Jiu Jitsu, an instructor of Internal Kung Fu, and holds a black belt in Karate. His training and teaching approach has been influenced by five years in the field of security. His work has been published in martial arts magazines on three continents and he has presented seminars in Israel, Germany, England, South Africa and Thailand.
- Author(s)Hans-Erik Petermann
- PublisherBlue Snake Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Snake Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width196 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.