All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe eloped in January 14, 1954 they became an international sensation. Images of America's most famous baseball player and Hollywood's biggest star flooded the media. Joe and Marilyn reveals the true inside story of these two iconic figures whose marital troubles became apparent during the w famous skirt-blowing scene in Monroe's filming ofThe Seven Year Itch. Though their marriage only lasted nine months, they remained close until Monroe's mysterious death in 1962 at the age of thirty-six. He had a half-dozen red roses delivered three times a week to her crypt for twenty years. According to Heymann, DiMaggio remained devoted to her until his own death in 1999. Based on extensive archival research and personal interviews with family and friends, Joe and Marilyffers great insight into this famously tragic romance. Sixteen pages of striking photos accompany this unforgettable and quintessentially American story.
- Author BiographyC. David Heymann (1945-2012) is the author of several New York Times bestselling biographies, including Bobby and Jackie, American Legacy, The Georgetown Ladies' Social Club, and RFK: A Candid Biography of Robert F. Kennedy. He lived in Manhattan.
- Author(s)C.David Heymann
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Note8-pg b&w insert
- Weight624 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.