All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionWith the Art of Fugue, Bach delivered a polyphonic composition for keyboard of unprecedented proportions and complexity. Notwithstanding that the existing literature on this brilliant work is vast, a performer does t often find answers to practical questions such as, Why is this te t flatted? or How can one make this peculiar voice-leading work during performance? This book, by a leading Bach performer, is designed to fill this void and provide a practical guide to the performance of the Art of Fugue. The first part contains an overview of four important Baroque topics related to the concept and performance of the Art of Fugue (rhetoric, meter, syntax, and keyboard technique). The second part basically demonstrates, with reference to the first four Contrapuncti, how the background presented in the first part often enables possible explanations for both text-critical and conceptual issues to be formulated. The final purpose is to achieve as eloquent a performance as possible of these pieces.
- Author BiographyEwald Demeyere (www.ewalddemeyere.be) is a harpsichordist, conductor, theorist and Professor at the Royal Conservatory Antwerp.
- Author(s)Ewald Demeyere
- PublisherLeuven University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLeuven
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintLeuven University Press
- Content Noteprinted music items
- Weight542 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.