All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive look at works made by Baldessari between the years 1987 and 1993 This handsome volume, the third of the John Baldessari (b. 1931) catalogue raisonne project, compiles 400-plus unique works of art made by the influential conceptual artist from 1987 through 1993. Here we see the artist's large-scale photo-based works, many of which employed his signature colored discs painted over the faces of people in the photos, accompanied by entries that trace the shifts and developments in Baldessari's work as his collaged photo narratives achieved maturity and mastery. A critical essay by Briony Fer provides a close reading of selected works, giving historical context for Baldessari's art from this period. In addition to a detailed chrology, complete exhibition history, and bibliography, this volume tably features a previously unpublished conversation between Baldessari and the artist Ed Ruscha, which was undertaken specifically for this publication. In the conversation, the artists discuss their early careers in Southern California and the shared thematic concerns in their work. The artworks in this volume demonstrate Baldessari's ability to express-and, in many cases, combine-the narrative potential of images and the associative power of language within the boundaries of a single piece.
- Author BiographyRobert Dean is editorial director and Patrick Pardo is research editor of the John Baldessari Catalogue Raisonne. Briony Fer is an art historian, writer, and professor at University College, London. Ed Ruscha is an internationally acclaimed artist based in Los Angeles.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note398 color illus. + 43 b/w illus.
- Weight3768 g
- Width251 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edited byPatrick Pardo,Robert Dean
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.