All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Calvin has been the subject of numerous studies, but most have focused on one aspect of his thought or a limited selection of his writings. This study of Calvin adopts a uniquely holistic approach. Randall Zachman begins with a brief biography and considers Calvin's own understanding of his ministry as a teacher and pastor. From this perspective, he surveys Calvin's writings and their place in the work of reforming the church--both through the training of clergy and the instruction of the laity. Zachman then considers Calvin as a theologian. In contrast to Martin Luther, Calvin sought to balance the verbal proclamation of the Word with an emphasis on the visible manifestation of God--both in creation and in Christ. This study will be of great interest to Reformed clergy and to students of the Reformation and Calvinism.
- Author BiographyRandall C. Zachman (Ph.D., University of Chicago) is associate professor of Reformation studies at the University of Notre Dame. He is also the author of The Assurance of Faith: Conscience in the Theology of Martin Luther and John Calvin.
- Author(s)Randall C. Zachman
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.