All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe eminent interior designer, John Fowler, was responsible for transforming some of Britain's most important historic interiors. The 'Fowler style' was tacitly accepted as the correct style for the decoration of a period interior, despite the fact that this appearance of understated elegance and comfort was in fact entirely an American invention. This fascinating and controversial review of Fowler's work, containing full colour illustrations, offers an important discussion of the treatment of historic interiors and highlights his concern to create visually successful rooms rather than to merely replicate earlier interiors. The impact Fowler had on his contemporaries was immense and long-lasting, so much so that today the 'Fowler style' has come to be considered by some as the only style for the decoration of a country house.
- Author BiographyHelen Hughes obtained a degree in the History of Art and Architecture at University College London before training as an easel painting conservator at Gateshead Technical College. She has worked with English Heritage in the Architectural Paint Research Unit since 1985, and has obtained UKIC accreditation as an Architectural Paint Researcher.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDonhead Publishing
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 55 colour illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width211 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byHelen Hughes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.