All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYears after his death, American filmmaker John Huston (1906-1987) remains an enigmatic and compelling figure. This wide-ranging collection of new essays encompasses a variety of topics relating to Huston's lifestyle, political activities and cinematic legacy. Fresh analyses of such films as Key Largo, The Asphalt Jungle, The African Queen, The Misfits and Prizzi's Hor are included along with insightful studies of Huston's oft-overlooked literary adaptations In This Our Life, Moby Dick and A Walk With Love and Death. Also evaluated are Huston's controversial World War II documentary Let There Be Light, and two a clef portraits of the real Huston in the films The Way We Were and White Hunter, Black Heart. Bookending these essays are revealing interviews with John's actress daughter Angelica Huston and film producer Wieland Schultz-Keil.
- Author BiographyTony Tracy is associate director of the Huston School of Film and Digital Media at National University of Ireland, Galway, where he teaches course in Irish, American and European cinema. He is on the board of the Fresh Film Festival and the Boston Irish Film Festival. Roddy Flynn lives in Dublin, Ireland.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byRoddy Flynn
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.