All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere is the first reliable edition of Keats's complete poems designed expressly for general readers and students.Upon its publication in 1978, Stillinger's The Poems of John Keats won exceptionally high praise: The definitive Keats, proclaimed The New Republic -- An authoritative edition embodying the readings the poet himself most probably intended, prepared by the leading scholar in Keats textual studies. Now this scholarship is at last available in a graceful, clear format designed to introduce students and general readers to the real Keats. In place of the textual apparatus that was essential to scholars, Stillinger here provides helpful explanatory tes. These tes give dates of composition, identify quotations and allusions, gloss names and words t included in the ordinary desk dictionary, and refer the reader to the best critical interpretations of the poems. The new introduction provides central facts about Keats's life and career, describes the themes of his best work, and speculates on the causes of his greatness.
- Author BiographyJack Stillinger is Professor of English and a permanent member of the Center for Advanced Study at the University of Illinois.
- Author(s)John Keats
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/1982
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Belknap Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Volume editorJack Stillinger
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.