All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionIn this best-selling biography of John Kx, Rosalind K. Marshall traces the life of one of the Reformations' central characters. Following his career in Scotland, England, France, Switzerland and Germany, she explains in straightforward terms the issues and beliefs which concerned him so deeply. She also focuses on his relationship with the opposite sex, discussing the torious First Blast of the Trumpet against the Monstrous Regiment of Women, his dealings with Mary, Queen of Scots and the patient, revealing letters he wrote his mother-in-law.This book untangles truth from mythology in the life of this strange, complex and determined man and constructs a balanced picture of sixteenth century Scotland that places Kx clearly within the context of change and reformation which was sweeping the whole of Europe. The result is a richer and more complex portrayal of both Scotland and Kx than any hitherto available, and the first modern paperback of one of the most famous of all Scottish figures.
- Author BiographyDr Rosalind K. Marshall is the author of numerous books and articles, including biographies of Mary, Queen of Scots, Elizabeth I, Henrietta Maria and Bonnie Price Charlie. She is a fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
- Author(s)Rosalind K. Marshall
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication20/03/2008
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Note16pp b/w illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.