Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionDaring exploits and astounding achievements were common for two 19th century adventurers--John Lloyd Stephens, a New York lawyer and best-selling author, and Frederick Catherwood, a London architect and rewned topographical artist. Separately, these explorers covered much of the same ground, touring Italy, Greece, Egypt, Arabia, and the Holy Land in search of ancient sites that were of historical significance. Jointly, these adventurers endured many life-threatening obstacles in a determined effort that led to the discovery of nearly fifty forgotten Mayan cities buried deep in the jungles of Central America and Mexico. The vivid accounts penned by Stephens coupled with the magnificent drawings of ruins by Catherwood brought back to life a vanished civilization that both considered equal to the greatness of ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome. The story concludes with the premature and tragic deaths of the two.
- Author BiographyAfter a long career in the banking industry, <b>Peter O. Koch</b> now runs a small online business. The author of several books, his research interests include American Indian cultures and the New World expeditions of the Spaniards. He lives in Bradenton, Florida.
- Author(s)Peter O. Koch
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.