All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a series of richly painted landscapes, Thomas Locker brings the world and words of John Muir to readers of all ages. Equally at home in the wilderness of California and Alaska, Muir was a fervid naturalist who wrote inspiring lyrical descriptions of nature for the benefit of future generations. He also founded the Sierra Club to encourage citizens to protect what he considered our greatest treasure: the natural world. With text and illustrations accompanied by excerpts from Muir's writings, John Muir allows readers to experience Muir's adventures in nature and his contagious passion for wild lands. He recognized that wilderness should t only be appreciated but should be fought for, and his life and work eventually sparked the preservationist movement in the United States and throughout the world. Includes a timeline of major events in Muir's life. John Muir is part of Thomas Locker's Images of Conservationists series, which also includes Rachel Carson, Walking with Henry, and Hudson: The Story of a River. Thomas Locker has illustrated more than thirty books, many of which he has also written. His books have received many awards, including the Christopher Award, the Knickerbocker Lifetime Achievement Award, the John Burroughs Award, and The New York Times Award for Best Illustration.
- Author BiographyThomas Locker has illustrated more than 30 books, many of which he has written, including Skytree, Walking with Henry, John Muir, Hudson: The Story of a River, and Rembrandt and Titus. His books have received many awards, including the Christopher Award, the Knickerbocker Lifetime Achievement Award, the John Burroughs Award, and The New York Times Award for best illustration.
- Author(s)Thomas Locker
- PublisherFulcrum Inc.,US
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleImages of Conservationists
- Place of PublicationGolden
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFulcrum Inc.,US
- Out-of-print date18/01/2016
- Content Note14 Color illustrations
- Weight185 g
- Width282 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 4
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.