All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionA derivative of the comprehensive John Muir Trail by Sierra expert Elizabeth Wenk, this data book is perfect for the weight-conscious hiker. A brief introductory section provides planning data, including information on permits, trailhead transport, and food resupplies. This is followed by on-the-trail information, including custom-made topo maps, elevation profiles, data tables, and labeled paramas from prominent passes. There are tables for trail junctions, nearly 300 campsites, ranger stations, food-storage lockers, and lateral trails accessing the JMT. For detailed information on planning for your trip, considerations for hiking in the Sierra Nevada, or a trail description, those are only available in the comprehensive John Muir Trail book.
- Author BiographySince childhood, Elizabeth Wenk has hiked and climbed in the Sierra Nevada with her family. She has hiked thousands of on- and off-trail miles and climbed more than 600 peaks in the mountain range. She lives in Sydney, Australia.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Wenk
- PublisherWilderness Press
- Date of Publication22/07/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilderness Press
- Content NoteTwo-color art throughout, B&W photos, B&W illustrations, 22 maps, charts, 20 tab
- Weight157 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.