All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Quincy Adams was raised, educated, and groomed to be President of the USA, following in the footsteps of his father, John. At 14 he was secretary to the Minister of Russia and, later, was himself Minister to the Netherlands and Prussia. He was US Senator, Secretary of State, and then President for one ill-fated term. His private life showed a parallel descent. He was a poet, writer, critic, and Professor of Oratory at Harvard. He married a talented and engaging Southerner, but two of his three sons were disappointments. This is a biography of the man.
- Author BiographyPaul C. Nagel is former Director of the Virginia Historical Society, a trustee of the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, a cultural laureate of Virginia, and a contributing editor of American Heritage.
- Author(s)Paul C. Nagel
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication05/05/1999
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note29 halftones
- Weight635 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.