All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWithout a doubt the most brilliant architectural invator of his day, Sir John Soane (1753-1837) displayed a remarkable ability to adapt and modernize the language ofclassical architecture. The range of his built designs, from the ingenuity of his own house in London's Lincoln's Inn Fields (w Sir John Soane's Museum) to the opulence and originality of the Bank of England, places him on a par with other leading European neoclassicists, such as Ledoux and Schinkel. His architectural vocabulary remains infl uential to this day. Back in print, this landmark publication considers Soane's architectural achievements as well as his life and public role. It reproduces more than 100 of Soane's drawings and contains specially commissioned photographs of his original models and existing buildings. Contributors discuss all of the architect's major commissions, including the Dulwich Picture Gallery, the Law Courts at Westminster, and the Bank of England.
- Author BiographyMargaret Richardson is the former director of Sir John Soane s Museum, London. Mary Anne Stevens isan independent curator and the former director of academic affairs at the Royal Academy of Arts, London.
- PublisherRoyal Academy of Arts
- Date of Publication27/10/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Academy of Arts
- Weight2070 g
- Width245 mm
- Height305 mm
- Edited byMargaret Richardson,MaryAnne Stevens
- Edition StatementRevised ed.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.