All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Steinbeck was born in a small town in rthern California in 1902, and his career mirrors the highs and lows of the 20th century. A difficult relationship with his parents, his turbulent married life and his often tempestuous friendships with celebrated writers, entertainers, intellectuals and politicians, all played their part in the creation of some of the century's greatest works of fiction. This biography by Jay Parini offers a portrait of a driven and difficult man. Parini is an American poet and velist whose previous books include a biographical study of the poet Theodore Roethke which was shortlisted for a Pulitzer Prize in 1979.
- Author BiographyJay Parini, an American poet and novelist, is currently the Fowler Hamilton Fellow of Christ Church, Oxford. He is the author iof numerous books, including Athracite Country, Town Life, The Last Station and Bay of Arrows. Reviewing The Last Station in TLS, John Bayley called this novel of Leo Tolstoy s last year 'a subtle master[iece'. Parini's earlier biographical study of poet Theodore Roethke was shortlisted for a Pulitzer Prize in 1979.
- Author(s)Jay Parini
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication24/04/1995
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date19/10/2003
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight480 g
- Width126 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.