All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Stezaker's found images, collages and image fragments are most associated with cinematic imagery, however it is the other found-image sources which he has worked with over the past 30 years which is the focus of this publication; tably the artist's Bridge collages and the anatomical nudes of his Fall and Expulsion series.This catalogue, published in association with Rosenwald-Wolf Gallery, Philadelphia, which showed the exhibition John Stezaker: The Nude and Landscape in October 2011, centres on Stezaker's works from the 1980s when he switched from the cinematic imagery of the 1970s towards 'an engagement with the culture of the image to the nature of the image'.The catalogue presents many new works that have t been shown before and, interestingly, also unaltered found images so similar to the Stezaker collages that they are only identifiable when focussing on the absence or presence of the artist's cut.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Manchester,Sid Sachs
- Date of Publication31/03/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note42 colour illustrations
- Width195 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.