All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionOnce upon a time, Nick Tosches was a young boy.
- Author BiographyBorn in Newark, Nick Tosches lives in New York City. He is an American poet, novelist, biographer, and journalist. He has described his literary influences as Hesiod, Sappho, Christopher Marlowe, Ezra Pound, William Faulkner, Charles Olson, and God knows who else. Writing in a lineage that includes William S. Burroughs, Charles Bukowski, and Hubert Selby, Jr., Nick Tosches may be America's last real literary outlaw. In more than 30 years of nonfiction writing, he has opened up the dark heart of America's greatest music (Country, Hellfire, Unsung Heroes of Rock 'n' Roll, Dino), unveiled secrets of the world's most successful criminals (Power on Earth), delved into the mystery of a boxer's tragic greatness (The Devil and Sonny Liston), and taken us on a midnight drive through Phnom Penh (The Last Opium Den). In his fiction, Tosches has traveled even farther. His novels are fearless: shining a light on the darkest parts of ourselves with fierce prose free of pretension. His most recent novel, Me and the Devil, is what all good novels should be: brilliant, blistering, and dangerous.
- Author(s)Nick Tosches
- Date of Publication07/11/2014
- LanguageEnglish & French
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Weight259 g
- Width193 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lisa-Marie Moyen
- Translated byHeloise Esquie
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.